Do you make New Year’s Resolutions that don’t ever stick? Each year do you resolve to get in shape, eat less junk, waste less time, make more money, live happier, spend more time laughing, stop taking things for granted, etc.? Do these resolutions ever last? Do you ever wonder why your resolutions never work?
The answer revolves around one simple phrase: mind-body disconnect.
Most of us don’t have a very good connection between our body and our mind. We have unknowingly trained ourselves to ignore our body right from toddlerhood. We are supposed to suck it up and stop crying. We are supposed to work hard and finish our homework even if we are dog-tired. We are supposed to dress up and go to our family dinner even if we don’t feel like it. We push through life ignoring our body and what it wants. We stop living inside our body from a very young age, and instead, we live the majority of our life inside our head rationalizing, planning, analyzing, and worrying. Our body stops sending us messages and wisdom because we aren’t listening.
So what does this all mean?
When we aren’t connected to and living inside our body it is harder to make life-long and healthy changes in our life because…
Not living inside our body means:
- Emotions aren’t being felt. The unfelt emotional energy doesn’t just disappear; instead it gets stuffed down into different parts of our body, and if we don’t know how to feel and release it, it may eventually turn into chronic pain. Obsessive behaviours like over-eating and over-working is one way to stuff down emotions so they aren’t felt.
- We don’t fully feel things. We don’t know what true joy or happiness feels like. It’s half-living, or living with our blinders on. We often eat to dull any emotional pain that tries to surface.
- We make life decisions based solely on our mind and our thoughts. Thoughts aren’t 100% accurate and can be lies or fictional stories we unconsciously create, so that can lead us down an unfulfilling pathway in life. We may make resolutions that won’t serve us, but don’t know it.
- We aren’t connected to our soul. We can feel isolated and alone when we aren’t connected to our body. Feelings of separation and aloneness can lead to behaviours like over-eating, over-worrying, over-analyzing, wasting time watching too much t.v. or surfing the internet, etc.
- Not knowing what we truly want out of life. If we aren’t checking in with our body and soul and asking it questions and listening for answers, we will easily get lost in life. It’s like driving to an unknown location without a map or a GPS. Once you make a wrong-turn it’s easier to make another wrong turn and to get further and further off-route.
So, is it time to make a change in your life?
Is 2012 your year to truly kick your bad habits and unconscious way of living to the curb and jump-start your year by investing in yourself and in a lighter, happier, and more healthy and fulfilling future?
Sign up for Kick-Start 2012: Invest in Yourself to learn how to strengthen your mind-body connection, start living in your body, and get back on route to an awesome life!
By re-connecting to your body with my kick-start 2012 3-session program, you’ll learn:
- Techniques to reconnect back to your body
- How to listen to and interpret your body’s wise messages and wisdom and use it to help guide you towards a fulfilling life
- How your thoughts are what create your stress, NOT your situation
- How to dissolve your stressful thoughts so they have less power over you
- How to create more peace within yourself
- What excites and energizes you, and what drains your energy and doesn’t serve your well-being
- How to start taking back control of your own life
3 – 60 minute sessions